Whether you are a local fan or are just passing through Warwick, you will always find a comfortable seat, heaping portions of authentic Chinese food and the warm hospitality of the friendly crew at the Islander Restaurant on West Shore Road. The Islander has been a popular and busy gathering spot for diners of all ages and food preferences since it opened its doors in 1972, and it remains as popular today as it was all those many decades ago.
This award-winning destination for Chinese food in Warwick offers a huge assortment of crowd-pleasing appetizers, soups, salads, main dishes, seafood specials, fried rice, lo mein, chow mein and chop suey options. Some of their hunger-busting selections include:
• Kung Po Chicken & Peanuts ~ cubes of chicken with diced vegetables, spicy peppers and peanuts, stir-fried quickly over high heat
• Islander Bird Nest (one of the most popular dishes from their party menu) ~ lobster meat, shrimp, scallops, sirimi with broccoli, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts and straw mushrooms in aa potato nest
• Four Happiness ~ Shrimp, sliced tender beef, filet of chicken, and roast pork strips, sautéed with assorted Chinese vegetables
• Singapore Fried Noodle - Curried rice noodles sauteed with roast pork, shrimp, chicken and julienne vegetables
• Islander Seafood Chow Mein - Thin pan-fried egg noodles nesting in a vegetable compote of broccoli, carrots, pea pods, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery, onions, and assorted seafood delights in a light sauce
For those with a fondness for American fare, you will also find plenty of classic favorites to choose from including Fried Scallops, BLT, Club and Delmonico Steak sandwiches and even Veal cutlets! Flavorful dishes such as the Cashew Vegetable Delight and Crispy Sesame Tofu round out a diverse vegetarian menu. There are well over one hundred items to choose from here at this authentic Asian restaurant, including a huge and varied assortment of combination platters.
The Islander also has a full bar where you can watch your favorite team on one of their many large-screen TVs and quench your NFL-sized thirst with a cold draft beer, or an exotic tropical drink.
The Islander is the perfect place to host your holiday celebration. If you are planning a party or get-together, then The Islander should be your first call. They will cater your next special event with their extensive menu and guaranteed prompt delivery. Or, you may choose to celebrate your special occasion in the restaurant where they can accommodate up to 80 guests in their private function rooms.
Visit the Islander Restaurant at 2318 West Shore Road near Veterans Memorial High School. Hours are Sunday - Thursday 11:00 am to 10:30 pm, and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 am to 11:30 pm. Call The Islander for take-out and/or delivery. Visit their informative website www.theislanderrestaurant.com or call 738-9861.