Special post office hours offered this weekend for passports
Rhode Island postal customers can take advantage of special passport hours this Saturday in Warwick. We know that every minute counts, so if you’re planning a trip soon, take advantage of the extra time this holiday weekend by visiting the Warwick Post Office, located at 325 Strawberry Field Road in Warwick, between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to apply for passports for the entire family.
Passports take around 6 to 8 weeks to process, so whether it is simply obtaining official identification or getting ready for an international trip, you can take advantage of the extra hours this Saturday to bring the family to get their passports in order. Minor children (under 16) must be accompanied by both parents.
In order to apply, make sure you have the following items: Passport Photo, Passport Application, Proof of Identity, Passport Book or Card Fee, Passport Acceptance Fee, Copies of ID & Citizenship (required) Proof of US Citizenship
Bring proof of US citizenship (provide one of the following)
- Previous fully valid U.S. Passport
- Certified U.S. birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Proof of identity (Current, valid driver’s license – Government ID – Military ID)
- Children under age 16, both parents are required to be present to issue a passport to a child.
- Passport clerks will be available to take the photographs (for a fee).
All information on passport applications, procedures and fees can be attained by contacting your local Post Office or at usps.com/passport.