Police Log



On Aug. 10 at 11:32 p.m., Officer Matthew Moretti was dispatched to the Wendy’s on Quaker Lane for a report of a male subject in a black Mercedes at the drive through window who appeared to be under the influence. The reporting party stated that the car’s airbag was deployed and they were concerned that the driver was impaired.

At the scene, Officer Moretti observed the vehicle with a male subject, later identified as Justin Geer, 29, of 142 Hampton Way in South Kingstown, inside. The vehicle was running and the gear shift in drive, and Geer was asked to put the car in park and turn it off, which he did. Officer Moretti reported that Geer was extremely fidgety and smacking his lips, which he believed were signs of being under the influence of a narcotic.

Geer was asked to step from the vehicle, which he did, however he appeared to be unsteady on his feet while picking up a dropped cell phone. Officer Moretti also reported that Greer appeared to have puncture marks on his arms and fresh scabs over those marks, which he believed were indications of drug use.

Greer stated that he did not consume any alcohol that day, but allegedly told the officer that he had used heroin more than a week ago. He also reportedly admitted to using Suboxone, but not daily. He agreed to take a field sobriety test when asked.

Based upon the officer’s experience and training, and Geer’s performance during testing, it was determined that he was unfit to operate a motor vehicle safely. He was taken into custody and transported to police headquarters. A K-9 search was conducted of Geer’s vehicle, which produced a dark gray powdery substance, which was taken as evidence.

At the station, Geer refused to take a chemical breathalyzer test. He was charged with driving under the influence and refusal to submit to a breathalyzer test. He was later released to his mother.


At approximately 9:26 p.m. on Aug. 6, Officer Anthony D’Abrosca was dispatched to the Dick’s Sporting Goods store on Bald Hill Road for a report of a motor vehicle accident with injuries.

At the store Officer D’Abrosca found that Warwick Fire and Rescue were already at the scene. He reported that he observed a pick up truck in the right lane in front of Dick’s Sporting Goods and a vehicle that was half in the left lane and half in the right that had collided head on.

The driver of the truck explained that he had hurt his wrist in the accident, but he was not transported to the hospital. He stated that he was pulling out of the lot in front of the store when he stopped at the crosswalk. At that time, another vehicle was coming at him on the wrong side of the road with headlights off. That vehicle then struck him head on.

Officer D’Abrosca then spoke with the operator of the other vehicle, identified as Michele Noel, 50, of 59 East Main Street in West Warwick. She reportedly told the officer that she had just got dropped off to her car after a day at the beach and was heading home. She took a wrong turn and ended up at Dick’s Sporting Goods. She then explained that the other vehicle was speeding and hit her head on.

While speaking with Noel, Officer D’Ambrosca detected signs of intoxication in Noel as well as a smell of alcohol emanating from her breath. When asked, Noel allegedly said that she had been drinking that day, and she agreed to take a field sobriety test. Due to the accident, the officer’s observations, and her performance during the sobriety test, it was suspected that Noel was driving under the influence. She was taken into custody and then transported to police headquarters as her vehicle was towed from the scene.

At the station, Noel refused to take a chemical breathalyzer test. She later stated that she did not feel well and that she might pass out. She was then transported to Kent Hospital.

Noel was charged with driving under the influence, first offense, refusal to submit to a chemical breathalyzer test, and no insurance.


Officer Randy Bell was dispatched to a Knight Street address on Aug. 11 at 3:16 a.m. for a report of a stolen bike.

Upon arrival he spoke with the reporting party, who stated that his son observed two females in his yard attempting to take a scooter just before 3 a.m. One of the women was described as wearing white shorts and a gray shirt with shoulder length hair. When he saw them trying to take the scooter he observed that his bicycle, which had been in the front yard, was in the back of their vehicle.

When the woman saw the son they sped off in a green, four-door sedan, leaving the scooter behind. The bike was described as an orange Mongoose with 20-inch tires. A report was forwarded to detectives for follow up.


At approximately 8:48 a.m. on Aug. 11 Officer David Thompson was dispatched to a Baycliff Drive residence for a malicious damage complaint.

Officer Thompson met with a victim at the scene, who stated that he had secured his pick up truck in his driveway at approximately 11 p.m. on Aug. 10. When he came outside at 8:30 the next morning, he noticed that his rear tire was flat. When he inspected the tire, he found a utility knife sticking out of the sidewall.

The victim felt that his vehicle was targeted as there were two other cars in the driveway that were untouched. He did not have any suspects in mind. There are currently no suspects or witnesses.


On August 12 at 10:49 p.m., Officer Brian Holleran responded to the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Cemetery on Greenwich Avenue for a report of an attempted larceny.

At the scene he met with the cemetery groundskeeper who stated that there had been some activity around a shed and he decided to check on it that evening. He found that the bottom panel corners had been kicked in, and the damage was large enough for a person to enter. The padlock securing the door was still intact. At the time the groundskeeper could not tell if anything was taken. Photographs and a report were taken for documentation purposes.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment